Thursday, April 03, 2008

Morzine 2008 - Day 3 Tuesday 25 March


Morzine, Uploaded by M+MD.

After a big breakfast we got a lift to the shop to collect the skis. There was a very long queue for the bubble.


Dobeys and Salibas, Uploaded by M+MD

Eventually we got up too and found Francine. She said that her group was very slow, but to be honest after the 'trauma' (!?!?) of yesterday afternoon I was ready for slow and basic. So we went around with 3rd day (they started lessons on Sunday) slow beginners and while it was slow and there was a lot of waiting as predicted, it was such a confidence boost not to be at the back of the class and just to hear again exactly how to do the basics. We did snow-plough turns and we were supposed to start side-slipping but we ran out of time for that. At the end Francine spoke to Joseph and got me back into the advanced beginners class again! It was such a relief to be promoted! This time we didn't have such a large lunch, we just got chips and a sandwich at the top of the bubble.

In the afternoon we did a couple of rounds of the easy Nabor run. Then both Mags and I were wrecked - I was afraid that I would loose all the confidence building of the morning if we did too much. So we went down and left the girls to it. We were pretty crocked when we got off the mountain. Even when we had our boots off we found the simple act of walking difficult. It was with difficulty and at a very slow pace that we walked back to the chalet. Ronan had cooked a serious choclate cake - he had even iced it "the Big Bad Choclate Cake".

We weren't there long when Senan arrived home on his own. They had skied down my dreaded Piste B and while Senan had enough the girls went back to do it again. The hot tub was a little cold at only 32.7 degrees. But the sauna was warmer. It all helped though we were pretty shattered.


Hot Tub, Uploaded by M+MD.

Dinner was as magnificant as the night before. A nice bottle of wine after and some sitting and chatting. We were even sorer than yesterday and were ready for bed by 10.0. Dr Chris (as he has now been christened) had brought that tube of magic called deep heat. I put a little on before going to bed. But I was so weary I could really figure out the difference between the bits that were tired and the bits that were sore. When I woke up at 5 am on Wednesday morning to go to the loo, I could tell the difference and so I applied it to all of the sore bits. When I got up for breakfast two and a half hours later I felt like a new man. - almost no sore bits at all - magic ready to do battle with the slopes again..


Dinner, Uploaded by M+MD.

No comments:

Labels