Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Leinster V Munster next week-end

After their magnificant win 16-3 against Gloucester on Saturday evening Munster now face the more mundane challenge of playing Leinster in the Magners league on Saturday next. But don't get me wrong it is a challenge that will be taken lightly by either side. For Leinster it is a chance to secure the Magners League by beating the only team with a chance to catch them; its a chance to take the scalp of a Heineken Cup Semi-Finalist and so make some amends for their own miserable performance in the Heineken Cup - especially in the games against Edinburgh; and of course there is the old rivalry between the provinces, it's a local derby - and of course the ongoing rivallry between O'Gara and Comtepomi (remember the pat on the head in the World Cup?).

Of course I get the chance to shout for my team (Munster) against the team I go to see every fortnight (Leinster). My season ticket neighbours in the RDS will probably be surprised to see me in my Munster jersey! Senan of course will be in his Leinster Blues! It will be interesting to see the team selections. Leinster will certainly select the strongest team available - Munster will want a win but won't want to risk injury with the semi-final game against Saracens at the end of teh month.

I am hoping to see Doug Howlett in action.

No comments:

Labels