Saturday, March 11, 2006

Ireland V Scotland Today

It's early morning on the day of the last 6 nations rugby international to be played in the current, Lansdowne Road. The team news is that Paul O'Connell is fit and I've got a ticket. The plan was to go to watch the game with our Scottish next door neighbours in "The 51" - one of the pubs near the ground - just to soak in the atmosphere. Now I will be abandoning them just before 3 to take my seat in the stands. It should be a good day - nothing less than a convincing win will satisfy the crowd. I'm not so sure how clear cut it will be. If it were too convincing we might be optimistic going to Twickenham - a very foolhardy and dangerous notion. I'll have the camera, so expect to see some pictures soon - not to the standard of eoghanmcn; but recording the event nonetheless. Anyway - I've a game of golf to play first, see ya later.

No comments:

Labels